
And Isaac hit a long-awaited food milestone just this week. He can now drink through a straw. This comes after 18 months of work on his part, our part, his therapists' part....I received a note from school on Wednesday that he drank 3/4 of his milk on his own via the straw. Chad and I witnessed it when we went out to dinner on Thursday night. I nearly cried in the restaurant.
Over Labor Day weekend, we trekked back to Illinois for my cousin's wedding. For one reason or another, many of our pictures also revolved around food. Micah tried lasagna for the first time at my parents' house. Big hit.

Micah met Uncle Andrew and his girlfriend Hallie for the first time finally. They currently live in Manhattan so we only see them once a year. Micah took an instant shining to Hallie. 


We also celebrated Micah's first birthday, for the first time. Micah will also have a party on his actual birthday with the three of us, and then Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins arrive the subsequent weekend for celebration number three. Must be tough to be a baby!
I love the progression of these shots. Starts with, "What the heck is this?" and ends with "Done!"



I love these two pics of my boys being brothers. 

Isn't this picture of my sister awesome?
The boys stayed with Chad's brother, sister-in-law, and their cousins during the wedding. We had a great time in a beautiful Chicago cathedral, followed by a great downtown reception setting.
From the left, brother Andrew, cousin Heather, cousin Daryl, cousin/bride Helena, groom Rob, cousin/sister-of-the-bride/maid-of-honor Diana, me, sister Lindsay, and brother Adam.
Finally, we joined the family for the wedding brunch on Monday morning before the drive home. Isaac chose to sit with my brother, aunt, and grandparents, while Micah played the spoons for our table.

It was a chaotic and quick trip, but we enjoyed it thoroughly!