Yeah, yeah. I know. We have been absent from our blog for the last two weeks. I apologize. This will be a long post to make up for the dearth.
Chad continues to be very busy with fall sports. This past weekend was Homecoming, and the MNU football team (NAIA #6) decisively beat #3 Missouri Valley College. Additionally, the MNU girls' soccer team won 14-0 (yes, you read that correctly), and the men won 2-1. Fall Saturdays are always crazy for him. Yesterday, he left the house at 9:30. Although he came home around 6pm, he continued to work late into the night. When I fell asleep at midnight, he was still reviewing the football stats to ensure accuracy.
I work from home, but I'm also thankful to have a regular babysitter 3 afternoons a week. The time I spend in the office never seems to be enough to complete all the tasks. I've also taken up a new hobby: Bunko. I am part of an Alpha Phi alumni group in the KC area. In addition to our regularly monthly events, I've joined their monthly Bunko group. I apologize to anyone who loves the game; I definitely do not. However, I wanted to get to know some of the ladies better, and Bunko is basically just an excuse to get together and talk.
And now for the update that everyone actually wants to read...my darling Isaac. At the ripe old age of 15 months, he is consistently walking. He is so proud of himself and never gets discouraged by falling. He still doesn't say "mama" regularly, but we have "gaga" for daddy, "baba" for water/milk, "bah" for ball, and "bot" for bat. Oh, and his new sound is "kaka," which I've decided is his attempt at "Miss Katie" (his babysitter). Most of his communication occurs via sign language, pointing, or grunting. Also, he hasn't experienced separation anxiety yet, which is wonderful for us. We can leave for work or drop him off in the nursery without a single tear. He just toddles off to check out the toys. I can only hope this will continue!
This afternoon, we went to our neighborhood park. Chad borrowed a fancy camera to get these shots. Isn't my kid gorgeous??