Saturday, July 7, 2007

Isaac Whiteford Jenkins

6 pounds, 12 ounces, 19.5 inches, born 7/6/07 at 10:14 pm (click picture for closer view)

Christa was just getting off of work when her water broke. we got to the hospital about an hour later, and after some thorough checking by doctors and nurses, it was determined that Isaac was breech and we needed a c-section. Christa was at 4cm when we got this news, and had been handling the contractions like a champ. about an hour later, they yanked the little guy outta there and we heard a little "eeblheeh!!" they took him over to the cleaning station and he was grunting a little while they wiped him off and whatnot. then he just kinda lay there, looking around, calm and relaxed, acting like, "yep...ok...THAT just happened."

we started to wind down around 2 am, but neither Christa nor I were even close to falling asleep. Isaac slept quietly most of the night, while mommy and daddy got in a few minutes of dozing. after a quick feeding this morning, Isaac was in his sixth hour of sleep on Christa's chest when I took this picture.

Christa's mom arrived about a half hour before the surgery, and we have a million pictures from her camera from that night, which I will post as soon as I can. these pictures I got from this morning, because we'd left everything in the car on our way into the hospital assuming we'd have a break to come back for the extras (like cameras and computers). no such break.

Christa's doing great. Isaac's doing great. and I'm not doing so bad either.